Followers

Thursday, 06 May 2010

A new craft and venture for me

A very warm hallo to all my blog friends. Hope you are all doing very well. To those who are moving into spring - enjoy all the beauty of spring. To those who are starting to feel the cold of fall/winter- keep warm! Here in South-Africa we are starting to feel the chill in the early morning air, as well as at night. Not that I mind winter.

I have been introduced to yet another new craft and again by my friend Susan. A couple of Saturdays ago she sent me a photo on my cellphone of something she made at a class she attended. It was absolutely stunning and she immediately had my attention. She also has some pictures of it on her blog. It is called Tokreen. You can have a look at their website here. Unfortunately the website is in Afrikaans, but I am sure you will enjoy looking at and be amazed at all the beautiful things one can make with this product. They did a trade fair in a town not too far from us and I jumped at the opportunity to collect some stock from them. I am now also a distributor for Tokreen for the area I live in. But anybody from other areas in South-Africa, I am quite willing to post to you.

Below are two of my first projects - I still have a long way to go before I am going to be 100% happy with it, but I am enjoying myself. It can become very messy when you are painting the flowers, not that I really have a problem getting messy while I am enjoying myself.

This was an old tin that I found in my husbands' garage. Hessian, rope, silk flowers and some glass beads were used to decorate it.

This was a little bucket that I got with a gift many, many years ago. Here I have used a piece of an old sheet that was on its way out, some rope, silk flowers and some buttons for the flower centers.
The English side of the Tokreen book says "From trash to treasure with Tokreen" and that is exactly what it is. Everything and anything goes. You can absolutely give your imagination free reign.

That's it from me for today. I hope that you will all have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks so much for visiting!

14 comments:

  1. Wow Amanda this is quite amazing. Not heard of it. It looks like old metal all polished up. Good luck with this new venture. Your pieces look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Amanda, this is asolutely stunning. Never heard of it, but it looks bronzy to me. Must go check it out. For your first attempts, you've done amazingly well. I love it! Who would have thought that was an old paint tin and the other a bucket! You talented girl! hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous06:43

    How did you paint it and adhere everything to it? This is absolutely gorgeous!

    T.Rivera
    www.flippinwordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amanda!! You are multi-talented that's for sure -- these are stunning! They catch your eyes and imagination and impress like crazy!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O matko !!!!!!!!!!
    Jakie cudo wyszło !!!!!!!!!!
    Pozdrawiam cieplutko w ten zimny dzień.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow from trash to treasure really! The tins look sooooo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are stunning, what a good way to use up old "rubbish"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda11:51

    Holy Cow these are beautiful! I will definitely have to try this. Off to visit the website you provided!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woww, you did it,,, super work,,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is WOW! Absolutely Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marinda Pollock19:19

    Hi. People must realy try this. I done plenty with my tokreen. I organice a ladys tea with workshops. This they realy enjoyed, and you can do anything with this, beleive me you can't stop. So good to find a S.A craft site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous21:00

    Amazing !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous13:48

    I was recently introduced to this as well and have actually just bought some Tokreen which I'm going to try tonight!!! so excited! Its been a long time since I've seen a form of art work that has inspired me so much! Love what you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous07:06

    Tokreen is the best you can use every thing that always ends in the rubbish bin. Your friends wont know it was rubbish when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love reading them all. It is much appreciated.
Amanda