Followers

Wednesday, 20 January 2010

First post for 2010!

A very happy hallo to all!

I hope that everybody has had a wonderful 2010 so far. I know we are three weeks into it already and I have not posted anything here. It is not as if I have not been busy, everything but! Since all my visitors left, I have been working on 3 sets of ATC's for a swap that I signed up for - sorry cannot post any pics of them yet. It is an ABC swap and our next three letters is K, L & M. 18 of each. I am nearly done with the last ones even though they only need to be with the hostess towards the end of February. Once they are out of the way, I will be able to get around to some cardmaking again. I need to start making some Valentine cards!


In the meantime I have been busy baking lots and lots of rusks. I got the recipe from a very dear friend and since I got it, I've had to bake almost non-stop. I had to bake for my son who was home over Xmas and a couple of batches for the house (of cause!) and some that I sell at a farm stall not far from our house - and it has been selling very well. Don't they just look yummy?! 

I bought myself a set of pans with a cutter - that way all your rusks are the same size. Overseas visitors, do you get pans like these in your country? These are locally made and I could not find anything similar in other countries. Do leave a comment and let me know - it would be very interesting. As you can see, I have a huge stove and both these pans goes into the oven at once. Approximately 20 minutes later and out comes 140 perfect rusks!

To be honest, I have a fresh batch in the kitchen waiting to be dried out tomorrow morning.


Well, that's it from me from a lovely cool and wet KZN. I am off to carry on working on my ATC's.

Have yourself a wonderful weekend and I hope you get lots of crafting done.

Warm hugs!
Amanda

8 comments:

  1. OMG, I am so hungry now! Hmmmn, I have not seen pans like those around here. They are very neat though. I love your stove! It's nice and big!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend and welcome back to blogland. Have missed you? Wish we could enjoy a natter with tea and your lovely rusks! They look absolutely YUMMY!!!! Take care, hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there - wow! these certainly look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummie!! i really get hungry seeing this!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look really good. I just heard about these pans, so will have to go and hunt them dowm, as my DH bakes the rusks in our family. He loves doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog & entering my candy - best of luck!

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen those pans in the US. What are Rusks?

    ReplyDelete
  8. H Pam, the one definition I found says 'Rusks is a rectangular twice baked biscuit'. The other definition I found for it is 'Sweet raised bread dried and browned in an oven'. It is normally dunked in coffee to soften it a bit. The dough is baked, left in the pans to cool, cut into portions and then dried in an oven at a very low heat. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
I love reading them all. It is much appreciated.
Amanda